EU: Leading brewers accused of price fixing
The European Commission's antitrust authorities have charged a number of leading brewers with price fixing in the Dutch market.
The EC believes it has evidence that between 1996 and 1999, brewers operating in the country fixed prices, allocated customers and exchanged commercially sensitive information.
The EC did not name the companies it suspects of being involved in the cartel. However, European Commission spokesman Jonathan Todd said: "These practices affected the price of beer both sold to supermarkets and to hotels, restaurants and cafes."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
InBev, is to close its Labatt's Toronto brewery by the end of the year, with repercussions for some 265 employees. ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
InBev has added a Russian brewery to its pilot project to improve efficiency throughout its operations....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
A Heineken joint venture unit is attempting to buy up the remaining shares in Wuerzburger Hofbraeu....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets