SLOVENIA: Leading brewer linked with takeover
Slovenia's leading brewing group, Pivovarna Lasko, has been linked with a takeover bid for rival brewer, Pivovarna Union, in which Belgian brewer Interbrew has a shareholding. Shares in Lasko rose 7% amid the speculation while shares in Pivovarna rose by 2.9%. Since the beginning of 2002 shares in Lasko have risen by 24%.
Lasko already owns a 24.23% stake in Pivovarna and proposed a merger between the two companies last year with the aim of enhancing the export potential for both brands to other countries of former Yugoslavia. However, Pivovarna rejected Lasko's offer in favour of signing with Belgian brewing giant Interbrew, which currently owns a 41% stake in the company.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team