CANADA: Leading Brands To Spin Off Quick, Inc. Subsidiary To Shareholders
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it will spin off all of the 7,900,000 shares that it holds in Quick, Inc., to its shareholders, pro rata.The transaction will be structured in such a way as to not attract any adverse financial or tax consequences for the Company or its shareholders.In announcing the decision, Ralph McRae, Leading Brands' Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Quick has operated as a separate company for several months now. It has its own experienced management team and a solid business plan. Although it was initially conceived that Quick could operate as an extension of Leading Brands' business, it became readily apparent in recent months that it would be more appropriate for Quick to be owned and operated separately. I hope that our shareholders appreciate this gift of a substantial interest in a great new company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015