CANADA: Leading Brands To Spin Off Quick, Inc. Subsidiary To Shareholders
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it will spin off all of the 7,900,000 shares that it holds in Quick, Inc., to its shareholders, pro rata.The transaction will be structured in such a way as to not attract any adverse financial or tax consequences for the Company or its shareholders.In announcing the decision, Ralph McRae, Leading Brands' Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Quick has operated as a separate company for several months now. It has its own experienced management team and a solid business plan. Although it was initially conceived that Quick could operate as an extension of Leading Brands' business, it became readily apparent in recent months that it would be more appropriate for Quick to be owned and operated separately. I hope that our shareholders appreciate this gift of a substantial interest in a great new company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018