CANADA: Leading Brands to handle Icelandic water
Leading Brands has secured the Canadian distribution rights to self-styled "super-premium spring water" Icelandic Glacial.
Leading Brands, whose own brands include TrueBlue blueberry juice and Nitro energy drinks, signed announced the agreement with the brand's owner, Icelandic Water Holdings, yesterday (20 February).
Icelandic Water Holdings sales director Kristjan Olafsson called the deal a "significant step in advancing Icelandic Glacial's North American growth strategy".
He said: "Icelandic Glacial has received strong acceptance in the Canadian market, and we are very excited about the brand expansion that this relationship brings, giving Canadians easy access to Icelandic Glacial."
Leading Brands chairman and CEO Ralph McRae said the deal made the company "the undisputed leader in the fast-growing super-premium water category".
Premiumisation, health concerns and demographic shifts are likely to be among the key factors influencing the strategies of beverage alcohol companies over the next five years, according to a report f...
Boo Koo Holdings has appointed two new members to its board of directors....
Thai Beverage has posted a drop in Q2 net profit due to recent marketing expenses, but has secured a bank loan to cover costs for the year....
Leading Brands has freed up just under US$10m for the marketing of its drinks brands....
Hansen Natural Corporation will not face any enforcement action from the US Securities and Exchange Commission, following an investigation into the company's historical stock option granting practices...
Boo Koo Beverages has merged with Captech Financial Group and also reported recent shifts in management....
The US drinks industry has been given a pat on the back for curbing the level of alcohol advertising which is viewed by the country's youth....
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends