CANADA: Leading Brands looks to US with SoBe appointments
Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, has announced it has hired Howard E. Wishner and Bob Miller, formerly senior management of SoBe Beverage Company, to spearhead the company's US expansion.
Miller will join the company as president of Leading Brands of America (LBAI). Meanwhile, Wishner will become executive vice-president of marketing and chief of corporate communication of Leading Brands, Inc. and chief marketing officer of LBAI.
Wishner's has previously worked with Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus, Pepsi, SoBe, Perdue Farms, General Foods, Borden's, General Motors, Chrysler Corporation and Colgate Palmolive. Specifically, at SoBe he was the architect of the trade, consumer, and business to business communications plan in addition to developing integrated programs to support marketing and sales.
Miller was the executive vice president of sales and marketing at SoBe. Prior to SoBe he was the with Mistic Beverages.
Leading Brands chairman and CEO Ralph D. McRae said: "We have worked with Howard and Bob since 1999 while they were with SoBe. Our company is extremely fortunate to be able to attract people of this calibre and reputation within the North American beverage industry. Their past experience, entrepreneurial mindset and successes will greatly accelerate the introduction of our products into the United States market, which is 20 times larger than Canada."
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India