US: Leading Brands launches Stoked energy drink
Leading Brands North America plans to launch its new energy drink by using the video games industry.
The company said yesterday (19 June) that its new energy drink, entitled Stoked, will be launched in 16oz cans in six different flavours. According to the company, the beverage will be made with natural sugars and use a dragon icon within its branding, which will be unveiled and popularised within the video games industry.
Leading Brands chairman and CEO Ralph McRae said: "First, the North American energy drink market continues to explode with annual sales of more than US$4bn last year alone. According to AC Neilsen, the US market is surging ahead at a remarkable 40% or more per annum and in Canada it is growing at more than 70% year over year. Secondly, our timing is perfect as other significant energy drinks move out of the dynamic independent distribution system to the more traditional 'red', 'blue' and beer channels."
Although a small sector in volume terms, the energy drinks category punches above its weight in the global soft drinks market in value, and has outpaced market growth for many years. While the rate of...
AG Barr has seen its sales slow during the summer, thanks to the poor weather in the UK....
Florida-based soft drinks producer National Beverage Corp. has reported a 13% rise in net income for the second quarter to US$6.5m, on sales up 6% at $143.5m....
The US has overtaken Thailand as the global leader for energy drink sales, according to an industry report....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
Redux Beverages has announced an addition to its line of energy drinks based on the fictional drink from the cult film Idiocracy....
Energy drink producer DNA Beverage has announced that it has appointed Solid Gold Distributors as its distributor for Tennessee and Mississippi, completing its expansion into the southeast US....
Lebedyansky has posted a slip in net income for the first nine months of this year....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future