US: Leading Brands launches Lite cocktail
Leading Brands is to release a new 'diet' drink in the US.
The drinks company said yesterday (8 February) that it would launch LiteBlue Reduced Calorie Blueberry Juice Cocktail.
LiteBlue is sweetened by a combination of cane sugar and Splenda brand sweetener, and contains 50% less calories than the company's TrueBlue Blueberry Cocktails.
The brand will include two flavours, traditional Blueberry and Blueberry Raspberry.
"Unlike other reduced calorie juices, LiteBlue is true to the flavour profile of TrueBlue with a fresh, natural taste," said Leading Brands vice-president of marketing, Joanne Saunders.
"All of our research and taste testing showed that consumers overwhelmingly love the taste of TrueBlue and we were able to capture that in this new, lighter formulation.
"Incorporating Splenda brand sweetener was important to us as it is widely recognised as the zero calorie sweetener of choice," Saunders added.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research