CANADA: Leading Brands Enters Into Exclusive License Agreement With IN ZONE Brands, Inc.
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it has entered into a License Agreement with IN ZONE Brands, Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia. The agreement grants Leading Brands the exclusive, royalty free right to use the "BellyWashers"(TM) trademark in connection with the sale, marketing and distribution in this line of novelty children's drinks.BellyWashers(TM) are 100% Vitamin-C fortified drinks packaged in high kid-appeal, collectable, refillable, dishwasher-safe bottles that are designed in the likeness of such hugely popular children's characters as Saban Entertainment's Power Rangers(TM). The products' play value does not diminish once kids finish the drink, appealing to kids and moms alike.IN ZONE has a multi-year licensing agreement with Saban Merchandising, Inc. to develop a collectable line of BellyWashers(TM) using Saban's Power Rangers(TM) characters, which were declared the #1 Male Action Toy Brand of the decade by NPD Group, Inc., the toy industry sales tracking organization. With over $5 billion in worldwide retail sales since its incorporation in 1993, Power Rangers(TM) has been named the top selling action figure of the decade by NPD Group, Inc."Kid appeal is the driving force behind everything we develop," says IN ZONE's President and CEO, Jim Scott. "New BellyWashers(TM) characters and flavors will be released every 60 to 90 days and shall be available to Leading Brands once approved for sale in Canada. IN ZONE already is developing additional BellyWashers(TM)."In announcing the contract, Ralph McRae, Leading Brand's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We expect BellyWashers(TM) not only to please kids and parents, but our shareholders as well, as sales within Canada grow during the next few years."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research