CANADA: Leading Brands Enters Into Exclusive License Agreement With IN ZONE Brands, Inc.
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it has entered into a License Agreement with IN ZONE Brands, Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia. The agreement grants Leading Brands the exclusive, royalty free right to use the "BellyWashers"(TM) trademark in connection with the sale, marketing and distribution in this line of novelty children's drinks.BellyWashers(TM) are 100% Vitamin-C fortified drinks packaged in high kid-appeal, collectable, refillable, dishwasher-safe bottles that are designed in the likeness of such hugely popular children's characters as Saban Entertainment's Power Rangers(TM). The products' play value does not diminish once kids finish the drink, appealing to kids and moms alike.IN ZONE has a multi-year licensing agreement with Saban Merchandising, Inc. to develop a collectable line of BellyWashers(TM) using Saban's Power Rangers(TM) characters, which were declared the #1 Male Action Toy Brand of the decade by NPD Group, Inc., the toy industry sales tracking organization. With over $5 billion in worldwide retail sales since its incorporation in 1993, Power Rangers(TM) has been named the top selling action figure of the decade by NPD Group, Inc."Kid appeal is the driving force behind everything we develop," says IN ZONE's President and CEO, Jim Scott. "New BellyWashers(TM) characters and flavors will be released every 60 to 90 days and shall be available to Leading Brands once approved for sale in Canada. IN ZONE already is developing additional BellyWashers(TM)."In announcing the contract, Ralph McRae, Leading Brand's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We expect BellyWashers(TM) not only to please kids and parents, but our shareholders as well, as sales within Canada grow during the next few years."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends