CANADA: Leading Brands Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced the appointment of Derek Henrey as its Chief Financial Officer. He replaces Jack Peck, who left to pursue other opportunities. Mr. Henrey, 37, joins Leading Brands from a large regional grocery chain with sales of approximately US$1.5 Billion, where he served as Director of Business Planning & Analysis as well as Controller. He is a Chartered Accountant, who formerly practiced with KPMG, one of the Big 5 accounting firms. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree Honours from the University of British Columbia. In announcing the appointment, Ralph McRae, Leading Brand's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Derek brings to our Company a broad background in all aspects of financial management. He has direct experience in legal, tax, treasury, and financial activities. He has also been instrumental in negotiating major agreements and carrying out due diligence for strategic acquisitions. We strongly believe that Mr. Henrey's experience will be a significant factor in our achieving Leading Brands' strategic goals."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends