CANADA: Leading Brands Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced the appointment of Derek Henrey as its Chief Financial Officer. He replaces Jack Peck, who left to pursue other opportunities. Mr. Henrey, 37, joins Leading Brands from a large regional grocery chain with sales of approximately US$1.5 Billion, where he served as Director of Business Planning & Analysis as well as Controller. He is a Chartered Accountant, who formerly practiced with KPMG, one of the Big 5 accounting firms. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree Honours from the University of British Columbia. In announcing the appointment, Ralph McRae, Leading Brand's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Derek brings to our Company a broad background in all aspects of financial management. He has direct experience in legal, tax, treasury, and financial activities. He has also been instrumental in negotiating major agreements and carrying out due diligence for strategic acquisitions. We strongly believe that Mr. Henrey's experience will be a significant factor in our achieving Leading Brands' strategic goals."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO