CANADA: Leading Brands announces director retirement
Leading Brands has confirmed the retirement of one of its directors.
The Canada-based soft drinks firm announced yesterday (23 February) that Jon Merriman has retired for personal reasons. Merriman is “not (stepping down) as a result of any disagreement with the management or the board of directors of the company”, Leading Brands said.
“The company extends its thanks to Mr. Merriman for his more than 11 years of service and wishes him well in his future endeavours,” the company noted.
Last month, Leading Brands said that its third-quarter net profits totalled CAD66,288 (US$64,277) compared to net losses of CAD535,769 a year earlier. Sales in the period dropped to CAD4.4m from CAD6.2m.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research