FRANCE: Laurent Perrier trumpets exports for FY climb
Laurent Perrier has credited exports with helping turnover rise strongly in its full-year.
The French company confirmed today (15 May) that sales in the year to 31 March rose by 13.7% to EUR236.65m (US$321.27m). As volumes accounted for 9% of the growth, Laurent Perrier saw price increases make up for 5% of the performance. A slight difference in exchange rates pegged back the increase, however, by 0.3%.
Speaking to just-drinks, a spokesperson for Laurent Perrier said that export sales were up by one point, and accounted for 64.9% of group turnover in the year. Sales were particularly strong in the UK, the US and Japan, the spokesperson noted.
"The increase in turnover in the fiscal year is proof that our value strategy over the last ten years is working efficiently," the spokesperson continued. "The future will see the continued implementation of this value strategy."
"For the second year running, our value strategy has translated into a substantial improvement in the price/mix effect, which reached +5%, a level not seen by the group in recent years," said Yves Dumont, chairman of Laurent Perrier's Board. "Continuing to deploy this strategy will be the cornerstone of our future success."
The company will post its full results on 1 June.
Laurent-Perrier has reported a 15.1% rise in 2007-08 first-half sales to EUR115.43m, on the back of a strong performance by the Laurent-Perrier brand, particularly in Japan....
Laurent-Perrier UK is dropping its agency wines portfolio to focus solely on Champagne in the country....
Nestlé is to name its new chief executive tomorrow (20 September)....
Pernod Ricard USA will introduce a host of special value-added packs for its brands in the US for the coming holiday season....
Nestlé is looking to enter the Chinese water market....
Pernod Ricard has updated the packaging across its Champagne Perrier-Jouët range....
Nestlé has posted a healthy lift in profit for the first six months of this year....
Champagne Perrier-Jouët has launched the 1999 vintage of its Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque marque in the UK....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015