FRANCE: Laurent Perrier sees rise in net profit
Laurent Perrier has reported a healthy lift in annual net profit.
The French champagne house said today (1 June), that it saw a 34.4% rise in net profit for the year 2006-2007 to EUR30.2m (US$40.57m).
Sales were up in the period by 13.7% to EUR236.65m. As volumes accounted for 9% of the growth, Laurent Perrier saw price increases make up for 5% of the performance. A slight difference in exchange rates pegged back the increase, however, by 0.3%.
"Despite the strength of the euro, the company estimates that the Champagne market should remain well-placed," Laurent-Perrier said. "However, the growth in the company's volumes should slow down sharply in comparison to 2006-2007, with the exception of the Laurent-Perrier brand."
Apart from its main Laurent-Perrier brand, the company's other brands include Delamotte and Champagne de Castellane.
A glance at the "Water List" at exclusive London hotel Claridge's may give one a glimpse into the future for the water sector. The lofty prices being asked for exotic waters sourced from far-flung cou...
Laurent-Perrier has posted a marked rise in operating profit for its first half....
Laurent-Perrier has reported a healthy lift in sales for the first half of its financial year, outstripping the growth rate of Champagne in general....
Laurent-Perrier has reported a 15.1% rise in 2007-08 first-half sales to EUR115.43m, on the back of a strong performance by the Laurent-Perrier brand, particularly in Japan....
Laurent-Perrier UK is dropping its agency wines portfolio to focus solely on Champagne in the country....
Nestlé is to name its new chief executive tomorrow (20 September)....
Pernod Ricard USA will introduce a host of special value-added packs for its brands in the US for the coming holiday season....
Nestlé is looking to enter the Chinese water market....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends