FRANCE: Laurent-Perrier sales jump 15% in H1
Laurent-Perrier has reported a 15.1% rise in 2007-08 first-half sales to EUR115.43m, on the back of a strong performance by the Laurent-Perrier brand, particularly in Japan.
The French Champagne maker said that volume rises had accounted for 7.7 percentage points in the sales rise, whilst improvements in the product mix accounted for 7.9 percentage points.
The company said that for the full year, it expected the impact of the price mix to continue in that vain, helping the group to continue to improve its main financial ratios.
However, the Champagne producer added that it expects a slowdown in volume growth in the second half, particularly because shipments to the Japanese market are expected to slow down, it said.
The company said that its Laurent-Perrier brand had experienced the most dynamic growth amongst its portfolio of brands, with its weight in the total sales up by more than five points compared to 2006-2007. This had occurred through the development of export and in particular, shipments to Japan.
A delimited production area is both the main strength and weakness of a wine appellation, a guarantee of quality but a major obstacle to growth. Plans in Champagne, arguably the premier appellation of...
A recent BBC TV documentary in the UK has re-opened the debate about the environmental costs of bottled water. Annette Farr believes the documentary was one-sided and irresponsible....
Nestle Waters France is to halt production of its youth-oriented Perrier Fluo range in the wake of weak sales and replace it with a more sober sparkling water range called Perrier Mix....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed a change of senior brand manager for Champagne Perrier-Jouët in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a second level of investment for its Champagne units....
The Laurent-Perrier Group has posted a slower lift in sales as the first nine months of its fiscal year have progressed....
Laurent-Perrier has lowered its full-year forecasts, due to sliding volumes in its third quarter....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends