FRANCE: Laurent Perrier nine month figures up
Laurent-Perrier, the French Champagne group, has posted a slight rise in profit for the nine months to the end of December. The company announced today that revenue for the nine months rose by 0.6% to €137.8m, compared to €137.1m year-on-year.
Laurent-Perrier today credited a strong year-end performance for the figures. In December last year, the group saw consolidated turnover for the first 6 months of 2003/2004 reach €69.95m, virtually unchanged at - 0.1% on the same period last year.
The value of sales also rose for the period, by 4.3% although volume shipped fell by 1%. The group recorded a negative currency impact of 2.7%.
The company predicts that revenue for the full year ending 31 March will match last year, at around €163m.
Laurent-Perrier said it intends to focus on the US and Japan going forward. The company has also signed a distribution deal for Italy.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018