FRANCE: Laurent Perrier nine month figures up
Laurent-Perrier, the French Champagne group, has posted a slight rise in profit for the nine months to the end of December. The company announced today that revenue for the nine months rose by 0.6% to €137.8m, compared to €137.1m year-on-year.
Laurent-Perrier today credited a strong year-end performance for the figures. In December last year, the group saw consolidated turnover for the first 6 months of 2003/2004 reach €69.95m, virtually unchanged at - 0.1% on the same period last year.
The value of sales also rose for the period, by 4.3% although volume shipped fell by 1%. The group recorded a negative currency impact of 2.7%.
The company predicts that revenue for the full year ending 31 March will match last year, at around €163m.
Laurent-Perrier said it intends to focus on the US and Japan going forward. The company has also signed a distribution deal for Italy.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China