FRANCE: Laurent-Perrier eyes emerging markets after new director appointed
The champagne house is increasing its focus on the opportunities in emerging markets
Laurent-Perrier Group has strengthened its management board with the appointment of a new sales and PR director to boost its profile in emerging markets.
Jordi Vinyals will take on the multi-faceted role of sales, brand development, corporate communications, and public-relations director for the champagne house. Vinyals was previously marketing and sales director for the Torrès Group, since 2007.
The company said his appointment “fits with Laurent-Perrier’s strategy to step up the pace of its international development, especially in markets outside Europe”.
Laurent-Perrier Group added: “His [Vinyals'] knowledge of wine and spirits distribution through subsidiaries and distributing agents worldwide is a major asset. In particular, he has experience in developing new markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China.”
In February, the company saw its third-quarter sales growth slow, but hailed “dynamic” sales abroad.
In spite of much exciting talk about the growth of Champagne in Far Eastern markets, the country marked out by most observers as most promising export destination for Champagne over the next decade is...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends