FRANCE: Laurent-Perrier eyes emerging markets after new director appointed
The champagne house is increasing its focus on the opportunities in emerging markets
Laurent-Perrier Group has strengthened its management board with the appointment of a new sales and PR director to boost its profile in emerging markets.
Jordi Vinyals will take on the multi-faceted role of sales, brand development, corporate communications, and public-relations director for the champagne house. Vinyals was previously marketing and sales director for the Torrès Group, since 2007.
The company said his appointment “fits with Laurent-Perrier’s strategy to step up the pace of its international development, especially in markets outside Europe”.
Laurent-Perrier Group added: “His [Vinyals'] knowledge of wine and spirits distribution through subsidiaries and distributing agents worldwide is a major asset. In particular, he has experience in developing new markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China.”
In February, the company saw its third-quarter sales growth slow, but hailed “dynamic” sales abroad.
In spite of much exciting talk about the growth of Champagne in Far Eastern markets, the country marked out by most observers as most promising export destination for Champagne over the next decade is...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller