FRANCE: Laurent-Perrier eyes emerging markets after new director appointed
The champagne house is increasing its focus on the opportunities in emerging markets
Laurent-Perrier Group has strengthened its management board with the appointment of a new sales and PR director to boost its profile in emerging markets.
Jordi Vinyals will take on the multi-faceted role of sales, brand development, corporate communications, and public-relations director for the champagne house. Vinyals was previously marketing and sales director for the Torrès Group, since 2007.
The company said his appointment “fits with Laurent-Perrier’s strategy to step up the pace of its international development, especially in markets outside Europe”.
Laurent-Perrier Group added: “His [Vinyals'] knowledge of wine and spirits distribution through subsidiaries and distributing agents worldwide is a major asset. In particular, he has experience in developing new markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China.”
In February, the company saw its third-quarter sales growth slow, but hailed “dynamic” sales abroad.
In spite of much exciting talk about the growth of Champagne in Far Eastern markets, the country marked out by most observers as most promising export destination for Champagne over the next decade is...
Some of the issues and challenges addressed in the previous edition of just-drinks' Champagne report continue to influence a category struggling to grow. Recovery from economic downturn and tumbling s...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group