USA: Latest launch from Virgin Drinks is non-carbonated Virgin Fusion
The Virgin Drinks Company is to launch Virgin Fusion, a non-carbonated fruit, vitamin and mineral water soft drink into the US.
In addition to its carbonated soft drink brands, Virgin Fusion will be launched in 5 flavour varieties: Raspberry Tea, Lemon Cherimoya, Peach Feijoa, Grapefruit Lulo and Citrus Ginger.
All 5 flavours boast 12 vitamins and minerals and individually contain added ingredients for supplementary benefits - Peach Feijoa is powered with caffeine and guarana.
And Virgin Drinks believes it has succeeded in developing an innovative new beverage that will give consumers a product that will meet their refreshment and hydration needs.
"Our research confirms that consumers expect innovative, high quality products from the Virgin brand. We think Virgin Fusion will meet their expectations," said managing director, Bob O'Brien.
Research conducted this summer by Virgin Drinks apparently indicated increasing awareness of the high carbohydrate levels of many popular new age beverages. Many of these consumers say Virgin Drinks expressed the desire for flavourful yet lower sugar/calorie drink choices.
"Virgin Fusion is positioned between the 2 fastest growing beverage segments in this country - bottled water and new age beverages," says Sheryl Fischer of Virgin Drinks.
"Consumers told us that traditional new age drinks have too much sugar and bottled water doesn't have enough flavour. So we've taken the best of both," she added.
Virgin Fusion will be introduced in a 20 oz. Hot-fill PET package - designed not to look like a hot-fill package. O'Brien has described the smooth tight fit label as having a "very high quality, premium look."
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Kirin Beverage Corp. has changed its forecast for the six-month period to 30 June....
Coca-Cola has announced the launch of its newly-named Aquabona mineral water in Spain....
Minute Maid 100% Pure Squeezed Juices, newly created by Coca-Cola Great Britain especially for British consumers, go on sale nationally this week as the first major launch under the Minute Maid brand....
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
Efes Breweries has posted its consolidated financial results for the quarter to 31 March 2005....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review