SOUTH KOREA: Latest AB Budvar ruling - report
A court has ruled that Budvar is not infringing Anheuser-Busch's trademark in South Korea, the Asian Wall Street Journal has reported. According to the paper, Budvar said that the court rejected AB's claim that it was infringing, and upheld Budvar's rights for registry of the Budejovicky Budvar trade name in the country.
The long-running legal battle between the two brewers has seen courtroom battles around the world over the rights for the Budweiser and Bud trade names. In this latest ruling, the court decided that the Czech trademark does not violate AB's rights.
Budvar said that AB may appeal the decision to South Korea's highest court.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research