INDIA: Late Monsoon Rains In India Edges Up Soft Drink Consumption.
The rainy season, which usually sets in from July brings little cheer to soft drink manufacturers. But in most parts of India this year's rainfall arrived as late as October and soft drink consumption has increased by 15% to 20% compared with previous year's monsoon season consumption.
Traditionally seasonal sales in soft drinks decline overall by 30% to 40% compared with the prime season (April to July). But daily case sales this year in the Southern Indian city of Coimbatore have averaged 3,000 cases of 300ml bottles when usually the average for the same period is 2,000 cases.
Although no official figures are available from Coca-Cola and Pepsi in India it is usual for both cola giants to offload their excess stocks during the monsoon season with promotional schemes such as free drinks with newspaper coupons, 2 for 1 offers, reduced wholesale prices and combination offers.
According to figures from the Coimbatore Bottling Co the smaller soft drink companies have also seen similar growth and retail prices continue to remain stable.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends