Product Launch – UK/EUROPE: Last Vatted Malt limited edition
Compass Box launches Last Vatted Malt
Compass Box Whisky Co.’s Last Vatted Malt limited edition
Category – Vatted Scotch Malt whisky
Available – from 23 November 2011
Location – UK and Mainland Europe
Price - GBP175 (US$280)
Distribution – Eaux de Vie (UK only)
The Last Vatted Malt commemorates the new law on Scotch whisky, which comes into force on 23 November that states that a blend of two or more single malt whiskies must be called a ‘blended malt Scotch whisky’ rather the previously used terms: ‘vatted malt’ and ‘pure malt’.
A cask strength blend of two single malts, a Caol Ila 1984 and a Glenallachie 1974, the Last Vatted Malt is limited to 1,323 bottles.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets