SLOVENIA/SERBIA: Lasko eyes Pivara MB - report
Slovenia's leading brewer Pivovarna Lasko has reportedly shown an interest in a tie-up with Serbian beer maker Pivara MB.
"Pivovarna Lasko is interested in a tie-up with MB brewery, which is one of the more modern breweries in this region and in Europe, but at the moment there is no concrete agreement," Jure Struc, Pivovarna Lasko's public relations officer, told the SeeNews agency yesterday (18 April). However, Struc gave no more details of the kind of alliance being considered.
Slovenian newspaper Finance had suggested Pivovarna Lasko was close to buying a stake in Pivara MB from the Serbian beer and retail group Rodic MB.
The report follows the news last week that Slovenia's leading retailer Mercator, in which Lasko owns an 18% stake, had signed a letter of intent to form a strategic alliance with Rodic MB.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts