UK: Laphroaig to 'Beam' global online tasting
Beam Global Spirits & Wine will be hosting a global online tasting of its Islay malt whisky Laphroaig this month.
Beam said today (4 June) it will broadcast Laphroaig Live from its Islay distillery on 18 June following the success of an online tasting hosted in London last year.
Both members and non-members of the 'Friends of Laphroaig' club will be invited to log on to the live web broadcast from 2000 GMT, where whisky expert and food and drinks writer Martine Nouet will lead the tasting, alongside Laphroaig master blender Robert Hicks and distillery manager John Campbell.
"We believe Laphroaig Live is a great way of reaching out to whisky drinkers across the world and increasing our already extensive following," said Michael Cockram, Beam Global's Scotch brand director. "Events like this put Laphroaig front of mind and can help to encourage sales in the on- and off-trade.
"It also provides an opportunity to educate consumers about the complex flavours of Laphroaig and introduce new drinkers looking for more challenging and distinctive malts to the brand."
The tasting includes Laphroaig Ten Year Old, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Laphroaig Triple Wood, Laphroaig Cairdeas and Laphroaig Cairdeas 30 Year Old Double Matured.
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
Morrison Bowmore is to re-release the 1957 vintage of its Auchentoshan single malt, which will retail at £2,500 (US$3,837) per bottle....
The SPI Group has secured distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka brand in the UK and Greece....
A U-turn by the UK government on this week's alcohol duty increase has split the spirits and wine industries in the country....
Diageo has confirmed reports that it has won a piracy case in China....
Tilaknagar Industries has lined up the construction of a new distillery in the Maharashtra region of India, according to local reports....
The spirits industry in the UK has attacked the latest duty increase introduced in the country in an attempt to ward off the global economic crisis....
The Edrington Group has lined up the launch of the fifth and final Ambassador's cask from its Highland Park Scotch whisky brand....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends