FRANCE: Lanson, Burtin buys boost Boizel profits
First-time contributions from Champagne houses Lanson and Burtin have boosted a leap in annual profits at Boizel Chanoine Champagne.
Boizel, which bought the two houses in March last year, said today (5 April) that its EBITDA almost trebled to EUR45.6m (US$61.3m) in 2006. Turnover leapt to EUR311.3m, up from EUR97.1m a year earlier.
Boizel's buoyant results follow yesterday's similarly healthy figures from Vranken-Pommery Monopole and Champagne Jacquart. All three companies have benefited from the growing global demand for Champagne.
Vranken-Pommery Monopole posted an 11% jump in profits thanks to rising sales and growing demand for top-end Champagne, while Champagne Jacquart saw sales rise by 12% last year. Some 60% of Champagne Jacquart's sales are made outside France and the house saw export sales leap 30% last year thanks to growth in the UK and Asia.
Boizel Chanoine Champagne has posted a marked slide in net profit for the first half of this year....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has acquired three hectares of Champagne vineyards for EUR3m (US$4.16m)....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has posted a rise in operating profit but a net loss for the first half of this year....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has reported flat sales for its first-half in line with plans to expand in Japan and the US later this year....
Percy Fox has appointed Anne Whittingdale as assistant brand manager for the Vranken-Pommery Monopole portfolio in the UK....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has seen its sales in the first quarter steady after the holiday season....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole is targeting acquisitions in still wine in 2008, the Champagne house has said. Company secretary Paul Bamberger said today (4 April) that Vranken, which has interests in Champ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research