FRANCE: Lanson, Burtin buys boost Boizel profits
First-time contributions from Champagne houses Lanson and Burtin have boosted a leap in annual profits at Boizel Chanoine Champagne.
Boizel, which bought the two houses in March last year, said today (5 April) that its EBITDA almost trebled to EUR45.6m (US$61.3m) in 2006. Turnover leapt to EUR311.3m, up from EUR97.1m a year earlier.
Boizel's buoyant results follow yesterday's similarly healthy figures from Vranken-Pommery Monopole and Champagne Jacquart. All three companies have benefited from the growing global demand for Champagne.
Vranken-Pommery Monopole posted an 11% jump in profits thanks to rising sales and growing demand for top-end Champagne, while Champagne Jacquart saw sales rise by 12% last year. Some 60% of Champagne Jacquart's sales are made outside France and the house saw export sales leap 30% last year thanks to growth in the UK and Asia.
Boizel Chanoine Champagne has posted a marked slide in net profit for the first half of this year....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has acquired three hectares of Champagne vineyards for EUR3m (US$4.16m)....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has posted a rise in operating profit but a net loss for the first half of this year....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has reported flat sales for its first-half in line with plans to expand in Japan and the US later this year....
Percy Fox has appointed Anne Whittingdale as assistant brand manager for the Vranken-Pommery Monopole portfolio in the UK....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has seen its sales in the first quarter steady after the holiday season....
Vranken-Pommery Monopole is targeting acquisitions in still wine in 2008, the Champagne house has said. Company secretary Paul Bamberger said today (4 April) that Vranken, which has interests in Champ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends