CANADA: Lakeport Brewing exec joins Brick Brewing
Brick Brewing has appointed a new chief technical officer.
The Canadian craft brewer said today (5 May) that Russell Tabata, who joins the company from domestic rival Lakeport Brewing, will assume the position from 25 May. Tabata will report in to Brick's president and CEO, George Croft.
Tabata will be responsible and accountable for all operational aspects of the business. Reporting directly to Tabata will be Bill Henry, director of brewing, quality and logistics and Robert Richardson, director of engineering, maintenance and packaging.
"Russell has over 20 years of progressive experience in all aspects of the food and beverage business," said Croft. "He has a successful track record of developing and leading high-performance teams and brings an exemplary combination of business judgement, professional skills and integrity to the business.
Tabata added: "I am excited to be joining the Brick Brewing team and look forward to contributing to the significant changes and improvements already underway in the organisation."
In March, Brick Brewing said it was facing a lawsuit filed by two of its own shareholders, over a private share placement initiated by the firm last year.
The CEO of Canada's Brick Brewing Company has told just-drinks his business will "aggressively defend" an intellectual property lawsuit brought by Anheuser-Busch InBev....
Brick Brewing today (20 August) began shipping its new Red Baron Lime to the Canadian market....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US