Product Launch - CANADA: Lake of Bays Brewing Co's NHL Alumni craft beer
Lake of Bays Brewing Co will release the NHL-themed craft beer in Canada later this year
Lake of Bays Brewing Co's NHL Alumni craft beer
Category - Beer, lager, craft, Canada, 4.6% abv
Available - From the Autumn
Location - Ontario, Canada, in on- and off-trade, before rolling out to the country's provinces and the US
Price - In Ontario, SRP of CAD2.65 (US$2.60) per tall can
Distribution - Lake of Bays Brewing Co
Lake of Bays Brewing Co has partnered with the NHL Alumni Association to ready a hockey-themed craft beer in Canada. The as-yet-unamed beer will be launched in Ontario in the Autumn to coincide with the start of the hockey season. Subsequent releases will follow.
The company is also “exploring potential international distribution”, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
The NHL Alumni Association and Lake of Bays Brewing Company are proud to announce plans to drop the puck on a new family of collaboratively-produced beers, with the initial launch set for fall 2013.
“We are extremely honoured that the NHL Alumni have chosen Lake of Bays Brewing Company to be their official beer and for us to be part of ‘Hockey’s Greatest Family’,” said Darren Smith, president and founder of Lake of Bays Brewing Company. “The NHL Alumni is a wonderful organization and we are thrilled that proceeds from the sales of these new products will go to the NHL Alumni in support of its alumni and charitable causes.”
Smith confirmed that the first beer to hit stores will be a lager, traditionally brewed in small batches using only natural ingredients. Similarly crafted special release and collector brews are expected to soon follow the initial launch, targeted for October 2013.
“Lake of Bays Brewing Co. approached us with the idea of creating a product associated with our organization and the history of the game,” said Mark Napier, executive director of the NHL Alumni Association. “They brew great quality beer, have an excellent marketing strategy and equally important, they are team players that understand the importance of our association and our many causes.”
Original source: Company Release
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018