US: Lagunitas Brewing Co refreshes bottling tie-up with Verallia
Lagunitas Brewing Company has agreed a deal for Verallia to be its exclusive bottle supplier as it moves forward with a US$25m expansion.
Verallia has been supplying California-based Lagunitas since 2007, but a new contract has "recently" been agreed, the bottler said yesterday (12 June). In April, Lagunitas announced plans to build a new 300,000 square-foot brewhouse in Chicago, which will nearly quadruple its annual production capacity.
"We are confident in our expansion plans because we have a strong proponent in Verallia to help ensure consistency, quality and accountability across the organisation, production and product line," said Lagunitas CEO Tony Magee.
Lagunitas is the US' sixth-largest craft brewer by volume, according to the Brewers Association.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down