SWEDEN: Lactalis in talks to buy Swedish dairy Skanemejerier
French dairy and juice firm Lactalis is in talks to buy Swedish co-op Skånemejerier.
Lactalis is carrying out due diligence on the business, which sells a range of dairy products and fruit juices. A spokesperson for Lactalis yesterday (15 November) confirmed that the company was in negotiations to buy Skånemejerier but declined to comment further.
Skånemejerier said the discussions would "most likely" lead to the sale of the company but said more information would not be available until the due diligence was completed and the co-op's members approved any deal.
The Swedish firm said it wanted to secure its members' milk production and the value of its trademarks. The company sells products including fruit juices under the Bravo brand.
In 2010, Skånemejerier reported net profit of SEK300.2m (US$44.6m), up sharply from SEK26.9m a year earlier. The jump in earnings was due to the proceeds of the sale of a majority stake in juice business ProViva to Danone.
Skånemejerier reported an operating loss of SEK52.1m as costs increased. Sales rose 10.8% to SEK3.31bn.
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
Tequila Avión has launched a US television commercial for its namesake Tequila brand....
Constellation Brands is set to launch two television adverts for its Svedka vodka brand in the US....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research