FRANCE: Labouré-Roi goes green for nouveau vintage
Burgundy winemaker Labouré-Roi has unveiled an eco-friendly initiative to coincide with the launch of its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau.
To be released in November, the nouveau vintage will feature Labouré-Roi's two-pronged approach to "minimising impact on the environment", the company said today (28 August).
As part of the programme, Beaujolais Nouveau 2008 will be packaged in a lightweight PET plastic bottle (750 ml) to minimise carbon footprint.
In addition, the company is introducing a "One More Tree" campaign to help aid the UNEP's (United Nations Environment Programme) worldwide Plant for the Planet: Billion Tree Campaign. For each bottle purchased, one tree will be planted in Mali, Africa.
Located in Nuits-Saint-Georges, the Labouré-Roi winemaking facility has a cellaring capacity of 2,000 barrels and dates back to the 16th century.
Ethical consumerism has brought heightened pressure on soft drinks companies with regard to the environmental and social impacts of sourcing, manufacturing and distributing their products. But, Annett...
Concern over environmental impacts and the need for functionality have precipitated many notable packaging innovations in the soft drinks arena. Simon Maddrell of Euromonitor International takes a loo...
UK soft drinks company Britvic has expanded its product line to include a juice drink made with drench spring water and fruit juice....
Falling bottled water sales in 2008 provided the blip in Nestle's sales and profit rise for its full-year....
French bottled water giant Groupe Danone has said that it will make its Evian and Volvic brands "plastics neutral" in the UK....
The First Touch Group has launched a drinking water on the UK market that originates from Tasmania....
Clearly Canadian has relaunched its sparkling water portfolio in the US....
Foster's Group has extended the sponsorship arrangement for its Australian wine brand Wolf Blass with international rugby in England....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research