CANADA: Labatt to expand second brewery
Labatt Brewing Co. is to expand its brewery in Ontario. The company said yesterday (28 June) that it will invest around C$40m (US$32.5m) in increasing production at its facility in London, Ontario. Capacity after completion of construction is expected to rise by 45% to 1bn bottles of beer per year.
Last month, Labatt announced that it was ploughing C$50m into its Montreal brewery, adding a further 400,000 hectolitres to its present capacity of 2.7m hectolitres a year.
In the last 12 months, the company has announced the closure of two breweries in Canada, in New Westminster, British Columbia, which closed in April, and Toronto, which will cease production in November.
Work will begin at the London brewery next month, and is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets