CANADA: Labatt in Coors Light attack
Canadian brewer Labatt has launched an ad campaign that attacks rival Molson Coors and its flagship brand Coors Light.
Labatt, the Canadian arm of brewing giant InBev, has launched a website condemning claims from Molson Coors that Coors Light is brewed in the Rocky Mountains.
The site, www.rockymountaintruth.com, says that the Coors Light sold in Ontario - a key Canadian beer market - is brewed in the province and not in the Rockies.
Labatt labels Coors Light the "not-so-real mountain beer" and contrasts it with its own Kokanee brand, which is brewed in Creston, British Columbia.
Coors Light is sold in Canada as brewed according to a "Rocky Mountain recipe" but, Labatt claims, is made in a number of various Molson Coors breweries. The Coors Light sold in the US, however, is brewed in the Rockies.
Labatt officials failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press. Molson Canada officials could also not be reached for comment.
As managing director of SABMiller's European division. Alan Clark has a diverse group of markets in his charge, including Russia, Italy, the Canary Islands and Romania. In the second part of this mont...
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
SABMiller has made up ground on its rival Anheuser-Busch in the developing Chinese beer market over the past two years. But, writes Dean Best, both companies will have to take the long-term view as th...
InBev is to end its long-running sponsorship of film programming on UK television station Channel 4....
InBev has reportedly finalised the sale of German brewer Dinkelacker-Schwaben Bräu....
Coors Light is lining up bilingual packaging to target Hispanic men in the run-up to the Super Bowl....
InBev is outsourcing its business and application services in Central and Eastern Europe....
Isbre Holding Corp. has secured distribution for its namesake spring water in the US state of Delaware....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review