CANADA: Labatt and Molson do battle over Export tag
Canadian brewers Molson and Labatt are currently embroiled in a legal battle over the right to use the term 'export' in brands sold in the key market of Ontario. Molson is asking the province's Court of Appeal to grant an injunction that would prohibit Labatt from selling or advertising Oland Export Ale, a brand produced from Oland, its Halifax, Nova Scotia, based subsidiary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director