MARTINIQUE: La Martiniquaise sells rum brands to Chevrillon
La Martiniquaise has completed the divestment of its controlling stakes in the Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Duquesne rum brands ahead of its proposed purchase of Quartier Français Spiritueux (QFS).
The French company, which is owned by Compagnie Financiere Europeenne de Prises de Participation, said earlier today (16 October) that it has sold its 61% holding in the brands to industrial investment group Chevrillon. The sale of Trois Rivières and La Mauny was made a condition of La Martiniquaise's purchase of QFS by France’s competition authority late last year.
The remaining 39% stake in the three rums will stay with the founders of the brands.
The Charrette rum brand, which also must be sold before La Martiniquaise buys QFS, remains for sale. Chevrillon has said it is not interested in it, however, as it is not an AOC rum unlike the three brands it has purchased.
The rums, which are produced on the French island of Martinique, have been acquired for an enterprise value of EUR20m (US$26.1m), Chevrillon's president & CEO, Cyrille Hevrillon, told just-drinks today. He said his group is hoping to increase export sales of Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Dusquesne by 50% over the next five years.
Beam Inc, Gruppo Campari, William Grant & Sons and ThaiBev have all been linked to Indian spirits producer John Distilleries, according to local reports....
Private equity group Exponent has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks to take control of Loch Lomond Distillery Company. ...
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015