FRANCE: La Martiniquaise now sole candidate for Marie Brizard
Belvedere looks set to sell Marie Brizard to La Martiniquaise
Belvédère has entered into “exclusive negotiations” with COFEPP, the parent company of French group La Martiniquaise, for the sale of the majority of the assets of its Marie Brizard subsidiary.
“If the negotiations are completed successfully, the contract for the acquisition will be signed before the end of July,” the French drinks company said today (12 July), adding that the deal does not include Marie Brizard’s Moncigale wine brand.
The sale price has been estimated in the French media at EUR185m (US$232.9m), but this has not been confirmed by Belvédère who must sell the company as part of a deal with the French courts to bring down the drinks group's debt and enable it to relaunch from bankruptcy protection.
Late last month, a source close to the negotiations for the sale of Marie Brizard told just-drinks that La Martiniquaise and ThaiBev were the only two candidates left in the running.
La Martiniquaise owns Porto Cruz Port and the Label 5 and Glen Turner whisky brands.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
India-based distiller NV Group aims to quadruple its production capacity by 2012, according to a report....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends