FRANCE: La Martiniquaise now sole candidate for Marie Brizard
Belvedere looks set to sell Marie Brizard to La Martiniquaise
Belvédère has entered into “exclusive negotiations” with COFEPP, the parent company of French group La Martiniquaise, for the sale of the majority of the assets of its Marie Brizard subsidiary.
“If the negotiations are completed successfully, the contract for the acquisition will be signed before the end of July,” the French drinks company said today (12 July), adding that the deal does not include Marie Brizard’s Moncigale wine brand.
The sale price has been estimated in the French media at EUR185m (US$232.9m), but this has not been confirmed by Belvédère who must sell the company as part of a deal with the French courts to bring down the drinks group's debt and enable it to relaunch from bankruptcy protection.
Late last month, a source close to the negotiations for the sale of Marie Brizard told just-drinks that La Martiniquaise and ThaiBev were the only two candidates left in the running.
La Martiniquaise owns Porto Cruz Port and the Label 5 and Glen Turner whisky brands.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
India-based distiller NV Group aims to quadruple its production capacity by 2012, according to a report....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research