PORTUGAL: La Martiniquaise-Bardinet opens Porto Cruz winery
La Martiniquaise-Bardinet has added 6m litres to its Port capacity with the launch of a Portuguese winery.
The French drinks group today officially opened the Douro valley site in the town of Alijo, which will produce liquid for the Porto Cruz brand. The winery includes storage for 20m litres of Port.
Sylvia Bernard, La Martiniquaise-Bardinet's international marketing director, said: “This investment in Douro will cement our commitment to develop the sales of Port and to expand the positions of Porto Cruz worldwide.”
This month, La Martiniquaise-Bardinet secured a new UK on-trade distribution deal for its Glen Moray Classic Single Malt brand with Marblehead.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends