UK: Kyndal scoops export award
The Glasgow-based spirits company Kyndal, was this week awarded the Royal Bank of Scotland Award For Excellence in Export.
The awards were established in 1990 to recognise outstanding achievement in the exporting performance of Scottish companies. The judges said: "Kyndal's award genuinely reflects the creative and innovative approach they've taken to a traditional manufactured product."
Formed in October 2001 after a management buy-out from its US owners, Kyndal exports brands such as Whyte and Mackay and The Dalmore to more than 100 countries worldwide.
Iain Gilchrist, Kyndal's sales director said: "Earlier this year the Scotch Whisky Association announced exports of Scotch had hit the billion bottle mark. At Kyndal, which has a 9% share of the global whisky market, we have been seeing year on year increases in our export figures with sales outside the UK now accounting for around 60% of total business.
"It is extremely important we continue to support this growth and we've earmarked further investment during the coming year for our key brands in a number of international markets. I am delighted our export achievements have been recognised by this award."
Companies: Whyte and Mackay
Whyte and Mackay has said it is open to offers for its Invergordon distillery as it continues to restructure its business....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends