SOUTH AFRICA: KWV windfall in earnings of R113.3m
This helped see the group arrive at adjusted headline earnings of R113.3m for the financial year ended 30 June 2003.
The holding company for KWV's UK subsidiary, Edward Cavendish & Sons was established at a time when it offered certain tax concessions - which have subsequently fallen away, according to Financial Director, Nico Kotzé.
As a result KWV realised a foreign currency translation reserve of R29.58m from the liquidation.
KWV also pushed its turnover for the year by 10.8% from R928.8m in 2002 to over R1 billion for the first time ever.
The group's operating profit increased by 49.8% from R95.4m to R142.5m, including the R29.6m for the sale of the overseas business.
KWV brand exports grew by 17%, while the sale of rebate brandy and blended brandy on domestic market was up 21% and 19% respectively.
PepsiCo is about to relaunch in South Africa, a market where Coca-Cola has had things entirely its own way for many years. Arnold Kirkby looks at PepsiCo's plans and assesses the impact the company's ...
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
KWV is launching a new logo and packaging for its KWV Classics range....
South African wine group KWV has appointed a senior winemaker....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages