S AFRICA: KWV ups stake in German unit
KWV International has upped its stake in German subsidiary Eggers & Franke from 74.9% to 87.5% to enhance its position in the country, one of its four most important markets.
The Meier family, original owners of the Bremen-based wine and spirits company, retain the remaining 12.5% stake.
E&F has an international product portfolio and nine months ago it acquired wine importer Reidemeister & Ulrich, which operates in the premium segment of the market. In March 2005, E&F bought the Ludwig von Kapff mail order business from Reidemeister & Ulrich.
These moves have resulted in KWV increasing its share of the German market considerably, consolidating its resources and providing it with a dominant position in the country.
As they gather in London for their annual tasting, Cape wine producers have two rather unpalatable facts to contemplate - falling sales in the UK and the country's failure to build its presence in the...
Having over-zealously planted red grape varieties over the past ten years, South Africa now finds itself with a glut of red wine, writes Richard Woodard. Meanwhile, there is insufficient capacity to m...
Golden Kaan's strong Afro-centric packaging is set to receive a delicate Euro-centric makeover amid a "soft relaunch" of the wine's portfolio in 2007....
KWV Limited has appointed Thys Loubser as successor to CEO, Dr Willem Barnard, who is retiring after 12 years in the position....
KWV Ltd has serious ambitions to double its share value in the next three years, despite tough domestic and international competition and a worldwide wine glut....
German wine marketer Racke International has signalled its intention to focus solely on wine with the sale of three domestic spirits brands....
KWV Ltd has posted rising full-year earnings and sales after a year of local and international acquisitions....
South African wine brand Golden Kaan is looking to boost international sales through two sales appointments....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research