S AFRICA: KWV looks to double share value
KWV Ltd has serious ambitions to double its share value in the next three years, despite tough domestic and international competition and a worldwide wine glut.
Group managing director Dr Willem Barnard said the planning had been completed and that it was no pipe dream, though he warned that it was going to take a great deal of hard work.
Diversification into the broader liquor industry, through its subsidiaries in Germany and in South Africa, was part of the new strategy the company has embarked on.
Traditionally KWV concentrated on products of the vine, but would now also look at rum, whisky, vodka, beer and even non-alcoholic drinks.
Chairman Danie de Wet also announced that Barnard, who has been managing director for 12 years would retire next June.
A short list of possible successors has been drawn up and the new MD would be appointed early in the new year to ensure a smooth transition.
The market for fairtrade wine is increasing as more wineries in countries such as Chile, Argentina and South Africa gain fairtrade certification. However, writes Monica Dobie, the market for fairtrade...
KWV Limited has appointed its first financial director....
Alizé has introduced a new rose blend to its line-up of flavoured liqueurs....
Skyy Vodka has unveiled a tie-up with The Independent Film Channel (IFC) in the US....
Castle Brands has launched a website for its flagship Boru Vodka brand....
Central European Distribution Corporation is looking to buy an unnamed drinks distributor in Poland....
A leading Bacardi executive has called on the Scotch whisky industry to radically rethink its rules on the definitions of Scotch whisky, questioning whether the strict guidelines were hindering Scotch...
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research