SOUTH AFRICA: KWV Investments squeezed by Distell's dismal figures
The dismal interim figures released by the newly merged Distillers-Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery group, Distell, have impacted on those of the KWV group's JSE Securities Exchange listed holding company, KWV Investments. In a profit announcement and dividend declaration report released on Wednesday, net profit attributable to ordinary shareholders was down 43% for the six months to December 2000 compared with the same period in 1999. This amounted to SAR36.09 million (£4.5m) compared with SAR63.46 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts