SOUTH AFRICA: KWV Investments squeezed by Distell's dismal figures
The dismal interim figures released by the newly merged Distillers-Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery group, Distell, have impacted on those of the KWV group's JSE Securities Exchange listed holding company, KWV Investments. In a profit announcement and dividend declaration report released on Wednesday, net profit attributable to ordinary shareholders was down 43% for the six months to December 2000 compared with the same period in 1999. This amounted to SAR36.09 million (£4.5m) compared with SAR63.46 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory