SOUTH AFRICA: KWV Investments squeezed by Distell's dismal figures
The dismal interim figures released by the newly merged Distillers-Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery group, Distell, have impacted on those of the KWV group's JSE Securities Exchange listed holding company, KWV Investments. In a profit announcement and dividend declaration report released on Wednesday, net profit attributable to ordinary shareholders was down 43% for the six months to December 2000 compared with the same period in 1999. This amounted to SAR36.09 million (£4.5m) compared with SAR63.46 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller