SOUTH AFRICA: KWV International and Racke in JV
KWV International and German wine and spirit giant Racke GmbH have entered a joint venture to market and distribute a new range of Cape wines globally.
The German launch of the Golden Kaan range of six single varietal wines was done at Pro Wein yesterday, with the full international launch due at Vinexpo, Bordeaux, later in the year - with the worldwide roll out following on.
KWV International said today the launch follows 2½ years of intensive market research, product evaluation and packaging design.
Within 24 hours of being offered at the Racke stand at the show, listings had been received for some of the wines from German retailers, even though limited quantities of the wines were available.
The wines, which will retail at €4.49, include a Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz and Pinotage.
Racke, a family concern from Bingen on the Rhine, with a €1 billion annual turnover, will be responsible for the international marketing and distribution, with key markets such as the USA, UK, Scandinavia and Far East markets among those earmarked.
The dramatic packaging included a black bottle with a gold map of Africa dominating the label. POS material included earrings, artefacts of Africa and images of South Africa.
Companies: KWV Ltd
PepsiCo is about to relaunch in South Africa, a market where Coca-Cola has had things entirely its own way for many years. Arnold Kirkby looks at PepsiCo's plans and assesses the impact the company's ...
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
KWV is launching a new logo and packaging for its KWV Classics range....
South African wine group KWV has appointed a senior winemaker....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review