SOUTH AFRICA: KWV Group headline earnings almost double
The KWV Group has posted a conservative 2c dividend for the year ended in June 2002, in spite of a 91.5% increase in headline earnings, which rose by R46.9m to R98.1m from R51.2m in 2001. Attributable earnings rose to R81.3m, following a R4m loss the previous year. Group MD, Willem Barnard, ascribed profit increases to cost containment and a 41% rise in KWV product sales, nearly all of which where exports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller