SOUTH AFRICA: KWV Group headline earnings almost double
The KWV Group has posted a conservative 2c dividend for the year ended in June 2002, in spite of a 91.5% increase in headline earnings, which rose by R46.9m to R98.1m from R51.2m in 2001. Attributable earnings rose to R81.3m, following a R4m loss the previous year. Group MD, Willem Barnard, ascribed profit increases to cost containment and a 41% rise in KWV product sales, nearly all of which where exports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m