SOUTH AFRICA: KWV domestic role-out on line
Within three weeks of launching into the South African market, KWV claims that it has achieved an 80% penetration of the market, with listings in most major liquor and supermarket chains.
KWV International's Southern Africa division says that it is aiming at saturating the domestic market with ranges of its wines and brandies.
It has listed with all the major liquor chains such as Picardi and Rebel, as well as the Spar Group, Shoprite-Checkers and Pick 'n Pay Hyperama, but was still in negotiations with Pick 'n Pay Supermarkets, which operates as a separate entity. Negotiations were also underway with Woolworths.
The company has also registered "The House of Brandy" brand name for its 5-, 10- and 20-year old brandies. The KWV 5-Year-Old Brandy, in particular, will play an important role, as it has not been available on the domestic market in the past, except for KWV staff and shareholder members.
KWV 10-Year-Old brandy, which was previously distributed by Distell, has already got a strong on-trade following and marketing manager Vanessa Schreyer said the 5-Year-Old would be introduced on the strength of that.
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
Distell today announced its broad-based transformation plans between a black economic empowerment group, certain employees and a corporate social investment trust (CSI Trust)....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
After more than three months of negotiations, 94 employees at KWV SA, the production wing of KWV Limited, have taken either a severance package, early retirement or have been retrenched. Originally 10...
Distell has appointed Don Gallow as its new director of international operations, in place of Etienne Heyns who left the company two weeks ago. ...
Distell's headline earnings have rocketed by 34.5% to ZAR482.2m (US$75.2m) for the year to 30 June, thanks to improved performance from all the company's assets....
The Distell Group has advised its investors on the JSE Securities Exchange that, compared to 2003/4, its earnings per share and headline earnings would increase by between 25% and 35% for the year to ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research