S AFRICA: KWV details global sales team changes
KWV has lined up a swathe of sales appointments
KWV has followed the departure of its CEO with a shake-up of its global sales division.
The South African wine and spirits firm, which saw Thys Loubser step down two weeks ago, said yesterday (28 July) that it has appointed a raft of new regional general and business managers. The move is “a further realignment with the new commercial approach in the company”, KWV said.
The global sales team now consists of:
- Schalk Visser, general manager for Asia (previously KWV sales executive for Asia and operations/sales manager for Namibian Breweries in Johannesburg)
- Martin Oosthuizen, general manager for the Americas (previously KWV national sales manager in the South African team and national key account manager for Brandhouse, Diageo and Heineken's subsidiary in South Africa)
- Wilhelm Theunissen as general manager for Africa (previously commercial manager, marketing manager and general manager for Distell in business development, sales and marketing)
- Pieter Viljoen as general manager for Europe (previously national sales/operational manager and business development manager at Foodcorp)
- Riaan Meyer as general manager for South Africa (previously districts manager for Anheuser-Busch InBev)
Supporting the new sales team are a number of regional business managers (RBM):
- David Salmon as RBM in the US on an agent basis (previously business development consultant, CMO at PMA Canada Ltd, CEO of Glacial Brands in Louisville and director of sales at Heaven Hill-Evan Williams Co)
- Themba Nkosi as RBM in Africa (previously KWV sales manager for Africa)
- Vania Martins as RBM for Latin America & Caribbean (currently national channel manager at KWV)
“KWV’s brands are at the core of the business, and we need the right people to take these brands … into global markets”, said Werner Swanepoel, KWV's director of sales and new business development.
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
We have yet to see the official figures on the US spirits market in 2011, but the signs suggest that renewed momentum in premium has been maintained....
William Grant & Sons has shaken up the leadership of its operations in Canada....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat