S AFRICA: KWV chairman fails director re-election
The chairman of KWV was not re-elected by shareholders at the company AGM last week.
In a statement on Thursday (1 November), the South African company said that Danie de Wet was not re-elected as a director at its AGM. But at a board meeting that followed, de Wet was appointed as a director by the board, as well as being "unanimously elected" as chairman, the company said.
After the election results were delivered at the AGM, at the request of a shareholder external auditors verified that a mistake had occurred in the counting and de Wet had not been re-elected. KWV's voting and counting procedures are the responsibility of its transfer secretaries.
No-one was immediately available for comment at KWV when contacted by just-drinks today (5 November).
UK wine distributor Thierry's ran a series of interactive consumer samplings in early spring in a bid to promote its South African wine brand, KWV Lifestyle....
Distell has appointed a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in North America....
KWV Limited has reported growth in turnover and earnings, as the South African wine group benefited from a healthy dividend from its compatriot drinks group Distell....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets