S AFRICA: KWV chairman fails director re-election
The chairman of KWV was not re-elected by shareholders at the company AGM last week.
In a statement on Thursday (1 November), the South African company said that Danie de Wet was not re-elected as a director at its AGM. But at a board meeting that followed, de Wet was appointed as a director by the board, as well as being "unanimously elected" as chairman, the company said.
After the election results were delivered at the AGM, at the request of a shareholder external auditors verified that a mistake had occurred in the counting and de Wet had not been re-elected. KWV's voting and counting procedures are the responsibility of its transfer secretaries.
No-one was immediately available for comment at KWV when contacted by just-drinks today (5 November).
UK wine distributor Thierry's ran a series of interactive consumer samplings in early spring in a bid to promote its South African wine brand, KWV Lifestyle....
Distell has appointed a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in North America....
KWV Limited has reported growth in turnover and earnings, as the South African wine group benefited from a healthy dividend from its compatriot drinks group Distell....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report