SOUTH AFRICA: KWV board lowers share proposal
The KWV Board has given ground on the number of shares to be allocated by the KWV Group to a newly proposed co-operative structure, following intensive negotiations with a small but powerful group of shareholders. Instead of a 15% stake in the 390 million shares in KWV Limited it has accepted that 10% would be equitable, while the dissenting shareholders - also known as the "Group of Five" - who ironically between them have about a 15% share, accepted that Wijngaard's services proposal should be funded to the tune of R8 million a year for five years and not 10 years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research