UK: Kweichow Maotai Zhen gets UK release
Click through to view the range
Baijiu range Kweichow Maotai Zhen is to go on sale for the first time in the UK through a distribution deal with Mangrove.
The range, which includes a three-, five- and nine-year-old expression, will be available from this week, a Mangrove spokesperson told just-drinks today (23 April). It is produced by baijiu producer Kweichow Maotai.
Mangrove MD Nick Gillett said: “Around 14m bottles of Maotai are produced annually, however only around 1% of it is exported. This means there is real capacity for growth, particularly when one considers the large Chinese population here in the UK as well as our nation’s love of Chinese food and culture.”
The 53% abv range comprises:
- Maotai Zhen 3-year-old, GBP99 (US$166) per 50cl bottle
- Maotai Zhen 5-year-old, GBP125 per 50cl bottle
- Maotai Zhen 9-year-old, GBP150 per 50cl bottle
Baijiu's domestic sales have been heavily affected by China's anti-extravagance measures, according to local reports.
Correction: This article was corrected on 25 April. The brand is Kweichow Maotai Zhen and not Kweichow Moutai Zhen.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages