GERMANY: Krones sees H1 figures lift
Krones, the German beverage filling and packaging company, has posted a healthy increase during its first half.
The company said today (2 August) that sales in the first six months of this year were up 12.1% on the corresponding period a year earlier, coming in at EUR920.4m (US$1.17bn). While pre-tax profits registered a 13.2% increase to EUR60.2m, profits after tax climbed more modestly, by 5.2% in the first half to EUR38.1m.
Turning to order bookings, the German company boasted a 12.4% rise for the period to reach EUR941.9m.
Looking forward, the company said it "remains cautiously optimistic of sustained success in the ongoing business year".
In May, Krones said that it was targeting sales growth of between 5% and 10% in the future.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends