US: Krones CEO calls it a day
Heinz Sommer, the head of the North American arm of Krones, has retired.
Sommer is to be replaced by Holger Beckmann, the packaging and bottling systems manufacturer said yesterday (1 May). Beckmann, 39, has been chief financial officer and a board member at Krones since last year. Sommer will continue with the company in a consultancy role.
"We are extremely grateful to Heinz Sommer for the significant role he played in Krones Inc's growth and profitability, and his diligent management of the organisation," said Volker Kronseder, chairman of the executive board, Krones AG, Germany. "During his tenure, the company greatly enhanced its industry leadership position.
"Holger Beckmann brings a wealth of international, financial and operational executive experience to his new post, as well as a dedication to continuous improvement throughout the organisation. We are confident that he is the right person to ensure Krones Inc.'s sustained growth and success."
Beckmann joined Krones AG in Neutraubling, Germany, as controller in 2002. Prior to that, he served in various financial management, and project and process engineering management positions with multinational companies.
Krones Inc., a subsidiary of Krones AG, serves the US, Canada, Central America and the Caribbean.
Separately, Krones also announced that Roman Manthey, senior vice president of sales and marketing, has been elected to the board of directors. Manthey was previously manager of Krones' business development department.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer