UK: Kronenbourg MD quits S&N in management revamp
Scottish & Newcastle has revamped its management structure as part of the brewer's ongoing strategy of "maximising value through focusing accountability nearer to the customer and consumer".
As part of the move, the managing director of S&N's Brasseries Kronenbourg in France, Yves Couette, will leave the company after only 13 months with the company. When contacted by just-drinks today (11 December), a spokesperson declined to comment further on Couette's departure, adding only that there would be "a handover period" between Couette and his replacement, Tim Seager. Previously the marketing director for S&N UK, Seager has been the acting managing director in the UK, where he will be replaced by the current MD of S&N Pub Enterprises, Jeremy Blood.
Also included in the management team are the MDs of the company's Portuguese and Finnish businesses, Alberto DaPonte and Yrjo Narhinen, as well as John Nicolson, MD of S&N's developing markets.
The role of marketing director will also have responsibility for venture markets. Nuno Teles has agreed to take up the role of acting marketing director, in addition to his role as marketing director in Portugal, until a permanent appointment is made.
Completing the team are Ian McHoul - finance and strategy director - Stephen Glancey - operations director with additional responsibility for information systems - Eleanor Cannon - human resources and corporate affairs director - and Peter Kennerley, who is the company secretary.
A difference of opinion between Heineken-APB (China) and Nantong Fuhao Alcohol Industry (NAC) has resulted in the company selling its stake in Jiangsu DaFuHao Breweries to Nantong....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Julian Cohen to the position of vice president of marketplace insights....
Brown-Forman has posted record sales for its fiscal year, driven by a strong performance in its international markets....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a lift in sales and profits for its first quarter since separating from Cadbury Schweppes....
Beam Global UK is introducing a range of 100% agave Tequilas under the Hornitos banner, as part of the group's GBP650,000 (US$1.3m) investment in the UK Tequila category this year....
Britvic has introduced Pepsi Xtra Cold to the UK on-trade as a way of enabling draught cola to be served "extra cold"....
United Spirits is looking to launch a locally-produced version of Whyte & Mackay whisky in India later this year....
This year's London International Wine Fair & Distil received a record number of visitors, according to figures released this week....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review