UK: Kronenbourg gets fresh TV push
Scottish & Newcastle has launched a fresh TV ad campaign for flagship beer brand Kronenbourg 1664 in the UK.
The campaign first appeared on TV screens on Monday (28 August) and promotes S&N as "the lager worth taking time to savour".
The ad, with the strapline 'Sit. Savour. 1664', was developed by ad agency M&C Saatchi.
Susan Cassidy, brand manager for Kronenbourg 1664 at Scottish & Newcastle UK, said: "Seat Search, the first ad in the new campaign, follows a Kronenbourg drinker's resolute efforts to find a seat where he can sit and truly savour his 1664 and shows his determination to succeed in his quest - wherever that may lead him."
The ad sees a male drinker's search for a seat to drink Kronenbourg 1664 take him to an art class where he spots an empty chair. However, as the camera pulls away, the price he is prepared to pay for the seat is revealed as the drinker sips his pint of Kronenbourg 1664, while posing naked for an art class.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets