RUSSIA: Kristall’s profit rockets in year so far
The Kristall Moscow Distillery has posted a boost in net profit in the first nine months of the year.
The Russian vodka and liqueur company reported late last week that net profit soared 370% to RUB210.2m (US$8.6m) in the period between January and September from RUB44.6m in the same period last year.
Sales revenue also grew, to RUB3.37bn from RUB1.99bn.
In 2006, Kristall saw its net profit fall 15.4% to RUB123.7m from RUB142.9m in 2005. Revenue fell to RUB3.5bn from RUB4.5bn a year earlier.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Absolut Vodka has announced the launch of its first TV commercial in the UK, as part of the vodka brand's global 'In an Absolut World' campaign....
Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits soar in its first quarter, according to figures released today (1 May)....
Davide Campari-Milano has announced details of its latest dividend payment....
Premium vodka distiller Russian Standard is making a "multi-million" dollar contribution to the city of St Petersburg for the design and construction of a scenographic lighting instalment to illuminat...
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India