RUSSIA: Kristall’s profit rockets in year so far
The Kristall Moscow Distillery has posted a boost in net profit in the first nine months of the year.
The Russian vodka and liqueur company reported late last week that net profit soared 370% to RUB210.2m (US$8.6m) in the period between January and September from RUB44.6m in the same period last year.
Sales revenue also grew, to RUB3.37bn from RUB1.99bn.
In 2006, Kristall saw its net profit fall 15.4% to RUB123.7m from RUB142.9m in 2005. Revenue fell to RUB3.5bn from RUB4.5bn a year earlier.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Absolut Vodka has announced the launch of its first TV commercial in the UK, as part of the vodka brand's global 'In an Absolut World' campaign....
Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits soar in its first quarter, according to figures released today (1 May)....
Davide Campari-Milano has announced details of its latest dividend payment....
Premium vodka distiller Russian Standard is making a "multi-million" dollar contribution to the city of St Petersburg for the design and construction of a scenographic lighting instalment to illuminat...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends